Thursday, December 20, 2007

Some ancient wisdom to ponder during this election cycle.

Those who rule shall be like sea monsters,
swallowing up human beings like fish.
Free sons and daughters they shall enslave;
houses, fields, flocks, goods they shall seize.
With the flesh of many persons they shall wickedly
gorge crows and cranes.
They shall make progress in evil; they shall
be exalted in avarice
(Testament of Judah 21:7-8; 2nd Century BC).



UPDATE:

I found this very interesting text where Solomon interviews Belzelboul, the Prince of the demons.

I said to him, "what are your activities?" He replied, "I bring destruction by means of tyrants; I cause the demons to be worshiped alongside men; and I arouse desire in holy men and select priests. I bring about jealousies and murders in a country, and I instigate wars." (Testament of Solomon 6:4; 1st-3rd century AD)

No comments: